How do you determine which Hosting provider to opt for? Especially when there are so many of them trying to lure you with all the lucrative offers. You might want to go through the following tips before deciding one.
1. One of the most important factors in selecting a web hosting company includes the server uptime. 98 to 99% uptime is the dream standard but 65% is acceptable. The better the uptime of your server have, the higher the traffic potential it provides to your website.
2. Next you should look for the storage space which is being provided to you for the files of your website.
3. Then comes the Bandwidth, how much Bandwidth does your package offer. Bandwidth is the rate of data transfer, bit rate or throughput, measured in bits per second (bps) allowed for the visitors to view and use your website.
Given the fast changes in technology and web hosting services, having abundant server space and bandwidth is the right thing to do. This will allow for the necessary updates and accommodate the sudden spikes in traffic as the site gets popular.
4. Another important thing when purchasing business web hosting solutions is that you are provided CGI access; along with features such as MySQL, Real video, Real Audio, and Cold fusion (Which some companies sell as add-on component).
5. Lastly if you run a commercial website then for carrying out eCommerce operations a necessary feature is SSL (Secure Socket Layer). It encrypts the customer orders and credit card information until it reaches you. An SSL certification can be easily purchased from your web hosting provider. Displaying the SSL certificate on your website ensures that your transactions are safe and secure.
Now there are as many hosting service providers as you want. But if you check the hosting services provided with the above given essentials you can easily find a suitable web hosting provider.
Hopefully these tips will guide you in the right direction.